Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Boise, ID trip


We decided to go to Boise, ID for a weekend. Actually we went to go to the David Archuleta concert with Sandy, but seeing and staying with the Richardsons was an added bonus! This is mom, dad, Kathy and Sandy.

I hadn't seen the Richardsons since mom and dad's 50th anniversary party last Oct. and it had been about 30 years previous to that.

We used to go camping with their family a lot as we were growing up. We have fond memories of spending time with that family. When we were in our early teens and were camping we had placed our tent and noticed it was near a trail. Bob Richardson was teasing us that it was a Bear trail. Well, at dinner, here comes a momma bear and her 3 babies to our site. Mom ran and locked herself in the car. We just backed up and watched, but dad stayed sitting at the table eating. He was not giving up his dinner. We shooed them off and finished our meal.

Later that night, mom heard a noise, we unzipped the tent window to look out and pointed our flash light to see if it was a racoon or bear, but what it was was a different kind of bear! Poor Bob slept in the nude and had gotten up to quickly take a pee, thinking all were asleep he just slipped out of his tent, but got caught in the light! We still laugh at that and his nickname became "Running Bear" and has stayed with him since with our family.

I really enjoyed our visit with them, and reminescing of old times. By the time we left that Sunday my jaw was sore from laughing so much. There were some special quiet and thougt provoking moments as well.


Sandy and I laughing at Kathy and her dressings



Kathy was so funny, she couldn't make up her mind which salad dressing she wanted so they brought her 3 different kinds to try! Kath, would you like some salad with your dressings? lol


Mom, Dad, Kathy and Bob Richardson enjoying breakfast. It was so nice to listen to Bob tell his stories again. He is so funny, yet very spiritual some times. It was great spending time with them.








Sandy and Norma Richardson shooting the breeze.














Hmmmm, can't remember why I took this picture, but I think there was a dove in the tree, or maybe another squirrel.... Terrible when the mind goes blank... but it is a pretty picture anyway!





The Richardson's yard was so nice and peaceful. The one thing I miss the most about our area is having the squirrels around! I don't know if it is because of fond memories of being in my Nana's back yard and feeding the squirrels or what.... I think it is.... but they always bring me a fun and peaceful feeling. I know that probably sounds nuts?















This was their dog. I can't remember her name, but she was a gorgeous dog. She reminded me of Nikki that I used to have.



Kathy, Sandy and I by John and Wendy's home. Wow, I don't remember what we were laughing at, but what a face I have!










John and Wendy. It was so neat that they all live within walking distance of each other.













This is Kim and her daugher. We had a lot of fun and a lot of laughs with them.












Eric and his wife..... we had a real nice and fun visit with them the night before we left. It was a short stay and we need to go back again some time. It was fun getting reacquainted. I hadnt seen Eric in over 30 years!










Bob took us all out to breakfast at the Golden Corral there in Napa. It was quite the breakfast!













Saying bye at Church and on our way back home. It was such a nice visit. From left to right... Dad, Norma Richardson, Bob Richardson, Mom, Eric Richardson, Kim Richardson and her daughter.








No comments: