Tuesday, May 11, 2010

David Archuleta Concert

So in January, I got a message on my cell phone that I needed to call Sandy back right away. I just knew from her voice it had to do with David Archuleta. So we ended up getting the tickets to the concert in Boise, ID. Mom and Dad went with us and we all stayed with our friends, the Richardsons. Sandy was so funny, all we heard the whole way up was about David and news reports, and his music, and of course listening to his CD. It was a fun trip though, and very much needed for me!

On our way to our Hotel we stayed at for the concert, we passed the Boise, ID Temple. Not a bad shot taken through the window of the van! It sure is pretty!













This is David Archuleta's bus... this was so funny! Sandy drove up, and the whole way we were subjected to David Archuleta's CD, and she kept saying how cool it would be if we were staying at the same Hotel as him. Well as we drove around the side of the Hotel to park, we saw this busm and when I looked it was David on the sidewalk heading into the Hotel... I said "Hey, look, it's him!" and Sandy started to scream and tears came down her face. Kathy and I were laughing so hard we had to cross our legs! What are the chances? Of course Sandy had to get a picture of her standing near his bus!


The cool design going down the side of the Hotel.


















The Hotel we stayed at.














A nice sitting area near the gym. It was a pretty good sized area, just outside the pool. Unfortunately we didnt have the chance to check out the pool, or go swimming in it.












Checking out the Hotel, and the pool and gym area.... Actually Sandy was hoping to bump into David Archuleta!

















Our Hotel room. It was a pretty nice Hotel, and the room was pretty nice as well. I was fortunate to get the bed to myself since I am the oldest... but they said it is because I snore! Well, I caught Sandy snoring, too! he he







Sandy and Kathy primping up for the concert. These two are sooooo funny like that! We are always waiting on them, and this has not changed from when we were younger, either! lol.... some things never change!









Kathy and Sandy sitting at the table in the VIP lounge area. I have no idea what Sandy was looking at, she always has a snide or funny comment to make!










Me sitting in the VIP lounge, waiting to be able to get onto the floor and in front. It was quite a wait. Poor Kathy had ordered some fries and a burger about half hour before they were going to let us on the floor, and finally about half hour after the concert had started they were finally done, they came to find her, but she would have to miss part of the concert and go out and eat and then come back in... Not cool, at all!




I was right behind Sandy. Thus the close up... waiting for David Archuleta to come on stage. Sandy was so excited she could hardly contain her excitement! lol

The band that played before David was good too. I can't remember the name of it, but Sandy was teasing the drummer and was pretending to be drumming along with him. At the end he tossed a drum stick to her and it hit me smack middle of the forehead and bounced in front of me and Sandy was able to grab it.


Kathy near the front of the stage waiting for the concert to start. We kept getting pushed closer or nudged to the side from people that were let in after us trying to nudge in the front.








No comments: