Sunday, January 25, 2009

Christmas 2008.


I love Christmas with the decorations, and especially driving around looking at all the houses with their lights and decorations. I hate when I can't (well maybe can't is too strong a word,... but you know what I mean....) turn the lights on after New Years day, or end of the holidays. I am so bad with the holidays, and always have been (shame on me!) I have always been the one to put the tree up and decorate it; it has always been "My thing" I would usually put it up in my birthday or the day after Thanksgiving, sometimes they were the same day. I was pretty selfish that way, my poor kids. They probably couldn't wait to grow up to get to decorate the tree! A few times we had another tree, though a little smaller, that they could decorate. This year was hard with the dogs and cats knocking it over constantly!


Christmas dinner was as Jon and Bri's this year. As Bri had just had Adelyn Grayce the 4th of Dec. they did not want to take her out in the cold and all the snow.... reasonable enough. I worked for a few hours and then came home and had Tiffany help me with the ham. I also made a green bean casserole. We had a wonderful meal with ham, greenbean casserole, Bri's fabulous funeral potatoes, rolls, salad, and what have ya. If was pretty good and filling.


Spence and Renee were there with their kids, and Tiff and Kaydance and I. Scott wasn't feeling too good and stayed home in bed. I took some dinner to him a bit later. Joe had to work and missed the fun,..


I didn't get pictures of the dinner but I did get pictures of the kids opening their gifts.... as seen below........


Merry Christmas from the Faulrings

No comments: