Thursday, December 4, 2008

Welcome Adelyn Grayce!


I got an instant message about 2:30 am, just as I was checking my email when I got home from work. Bri asked if I was online and I answered I was. "My water just broke" she said. Renee stayed with the kids until 6 am and I went over so Renee could get ready and go to work. Gage woke up for a few minutes when I got there. With a sippy cup of water and a little coaxing he went back to bed. Kaitlyn woke up for just a few minutes as well and then went back to bed until 8. I could not sleep. Scott kept me awake when I tried to sleep from 4 am till 5:30 am, but was crunching on something while laying in bed. How annoying!!! I was not happy with him.

I went over and got the kids fed and dressed when they got up, and a neighbor came and took Kaitlyn to school and Kaisa to play with her kids. Gage spent the day with me. Gage took a nap about 11:30 and slept about an hour and a half . When he woke up he had had diahrhea and it was all up his back inside his shirt. I was changing him and realized he had quite the mess. So we had him take a bath and he decided to take all the toys in the tub with him.

Jon finally called about 12:30 and said that the baby was born with no difficulties for the most part. The cord was wrapped around the baby's neck 3 times but they were able to get that taken care of easily. They named her Adelyn Grayce and she is a beauty. She was 7 pounds and 1 ounce and 20 and 1/2 inches long. She has lighter hair than Gage and Kaisa did. She is a good baby. The kids are excited they have a new sister.

No comments: