Friday, November 21, 2008

Scott's Renovations


So Scott has been wanting to sell some of his books he doesn't need anymore and called his friend to make an appointment for Tom to come see if there is anything he would want to buy. Rather than leaving the books on the shelf so Tom can just glance at the books, Scott (not thinking clearly) decided it would be easier to take all the books from the shelf and stack them on the floor. I don't know about you, but I would prefer to be able to stand and just walk by the books and glance at them rather than having to stoop down to see the books.


He was pretty busy getting the books off the shelves and putting them into sorted stacks and I knew after watching him a while he was going to block himself. I didn't say anything to see if he would realize it before he got himself stuck, but it was amusing to see him do it and have to move a stack of books so he could get out. Kind of like giving an idiot a card that says "flip over to see other side" and the same thing is on the other side so they keep flipping it over and over, yeah, same type of deal. Besides I was pretty livid with him, tired from getting home from work at 2 am to see this mess that I will have to clean up after. You think 2 years olds are bad, huh!!! They ain't got nothing on Scotty boy.


Well, just as predicted, he got himself blocked in. He stood up and said "I'm tired and going to bed" and attempted to lift his leg over the stack and couldn't do it. Too high! So he had to move some books off the stack and try again.


This was about 4 a.m. I stayed up another three hours looking at the stacks and stewing about them. I watched a couple episodes of "NCIS" to calm down before I could even think about going to bed.


The stacks...... Well, they are still there. I will get to them Saturday and put them away while screaming at a football game because BYU will probably make some stupid fumbles or something. That will get my adrenaline going to have the energy to put all the books away!

No comments: