Friday, August 8, 2008


Here is the after picture, and I am quite pleased with the outcome.
I need to do a little finish work, such as add two more boards, finish the sides, and add a step.
I also need to fill in a few more screws on the planks and secure the gazebo onto the deck, but I was anxious to get the gazebo up!! I love it! I just need to add the two little glass tables to the two sides and put the stools together as well. I also want to put lighting around it and across the rest of the patio.
The gazebo takes up most of the deck. I couldn't believe how big it was. Joey helped me get the gazebo put together.
Now I can finish working on the rest of the yard and get that looking decent. In September the yard will be aerated and blue kentucky grass seed blended with the aeration. Right now the grass is a pathetic rye grass and I hate it! It is hard to keep nice. I am also going to lay pavers from the deck and patio to the pool to keep dirt and grass out of the pool and house, and finish my fountain in my pond.
Now that I know the basics of building a deck, I plan on making a deck half way around the pool and extending out toward the house. I got the idea I wanted for it on decks from Home Depot.
Well, Gotta go enjoy my new resting area! Peace Out!!

1 comment:

Jessica T. said...

Holy Cow!!!! That was quite the project! Good on ya! It looks great!