Friday, June 13, 2008

Scott's new hobby since his Strokes ~ collecting!

I have decided to add this to the Blog because sometimes when I tell of some of Scott's antics since his strokes, people don't realize how bad it can actually get with certain things, such as having to have stacks of his laptops at his feet by his recliner, like 4 of the 6 that he has.... and CDs of programs he thinks he is loading on his lap tops, again by his recliner, but the worse is his obsession of collecting items.... He has this bad habit now of collecting pop cans and plastic G2 drink bottles at the side of his bed. He goes through so many sodas (diet) and drinks a day that it is hard to keep up with him. His medicines make his mouth and throat dry, so I can understand that, but what I can't understand is his need to keep a large pile of the cans and plastic bottles on the floor on his side of the bed! It blows me away! I try to go in and collect them up to throw away but when I think of it, he is sleeping. I don't dare get them for fear he will wake up. I live for the times he sleeps, so I can take a deep breath and either get some work done, or just relax for a few minutes.

My supervisor at work, Clint, is collecting metal items and pop cans to recycle as a way to get money for his Masters program. This has prompted me to collect the cans more often, .... That and the fact that every time Scott got in or out of bed he would end up kicking some cans and make a racket! This would wake me up and startle me and it would be hard to get right back to sleep! In order to give people a real visualization of some of his quirks, I took a picture of his latest collection before turning the cans over to Clint to recycle. I took a bucket up with me to empty some of the half full cans, and had to empty the bucket twice, ... another problem with the cans, the knocked over soda! And of course you will never guess who had to clean the spills up! I ended up with a large lawn trash bag of cans, a large garbage bag of plastic bottles, and a tall garbage can full of plastic bottles! And now ... What you have all waited for to see.... Drumroll Please!!!!!!

No comments: