Sunday, June 15, 2008

Orem Freedom Festival ~ June 14, 2008.

Scott enjoying his pizza while watching Pyper and Jordan run around.
I was pretty surprized that Scott wanted to go see the Fireworks for the annual Freedom Festival. I really didn't want to go because it is so crowded that you can't find parking unless you park about 4 or more blocks away, and then carrying chairs and snacks to boot.


We used to enjoy it, and took the kids to see the parade which was about 7 p.m. and then wait for the fireworks. We took a picnic dinner or stopped at some place to grab dinner. Now it just seems like to much of a hassle to me. But after Scott waking me from a much too little and much needed nap, I was cranky for a bit, then realized that if he actually wanted to go and do something and get fresh air, we should probably go. So.... I packed some paper plates, forks and macaroni salad, 4 bean salad and chips and drinks, and got ready to go. Spence and Renee and the kids stopped by and Spence helped Scott get the lounge chairs into the trunk of the car. I gave Renee some money to get me a pizza as well, since they were stopping to get some anyway.


As usual, we had to park quite a bit away, and had to keep stopping so Scott could catch his breath. He carried one of the loungers, and a plastic bag with two small books, and I carried the other lounger, and the bag of snacks and drinks, and my trustee camera and Sudoku book. Let's just face it..... I wear the pants of the family now, so I might as well be the strong one!


Once we got to our spot and got to sit down and relax, it was rather enjoyable. It had been in the mid 90s earlier and was just starting to cool down, just a little. We just sat there and Scott read and I worked on my puzzle book while we waited for Spence, Renee and the kids to get there, and then finally Joe, Briezie and Isaac. It was good to just sit and get some fresh air!


Spence, Renee and the kids finally got there, after having to look forever for a parking spot as well, and we enjoyed our Pizza and watching Spence, Renee and Pyper taking turns chasing Jordan and bringing him back. He was so fun to watch as he would try to run while looking back over his shoulders to make sure he was indeed being chased. They had a lot of fun. Joe got off work about 8 and he and Briezie and Isaac finally showed up. Isaac enjoyed running around with Pyper and Jordan.


Finally about 10 o'clock the Fireworks started. Pyper and Isaac really enjoyed them while the noise scared Jordan a little. He was shaking..... so Spence wrapped him in his blanket and cuddled with him so he wouldn't be so scared. It was a real nice firework display. So I guess I am glad I decided to go.

1 comment:

Jessica T. said...

Aren't these things sooo fun! I have one as well! http://adayinthelifeofatomlin.blogspot.com/