Saturday, June 14, 2008

Halloween 2007


I have a lot of fun decorating at work for the different holidays, and have converted a few follwers to help. You can say that there are times I do get carried away! This year Halloween was extra fun as I was able to find pressed wood 3-dimensional coffin that I laid up against the wall and made a mini cemetary scene.

I had a bag of bones laid out with a few tomb stones and a couple of rats for good measure. I set it up and it started to take on a life of its own. Every night when I came in to work, it would be rearranged a little or something added to it. It was fun to see what would happen next. Example, Rebecca on my team added a broken key board under the bony hands, and a headset over the skull.

Since we work on the USPS (Post Office) website answering questions and complaints, I put spider webbing down the row on both sides of the aisle, with a touch of a few spiders. I also hung some ghouls from the ceiling, especially my favorite, a Pirate ghoul that looked like it was floating down at you.

We had the Vice President of the Post Office and a few other VIPs coming in to visit and it was suggested we wait until they left to decorate. The other Supervisor for email, April, decided to go ahead and decorate her area, so I figured I would go ahead and decorate as well. Nedra and Jayann almost died when they came in the next morning, but loved what we had done, especially my little grave yard. The visitors were really tickled with the decorations and very impressed with my graveyard as well, and thought it was pretty cool that we decorated.

Since I sat by the one door, it was pretty fun to hear the agents laugh or make comments about the coffin and the decorations. It makes me feel good that they appreciate it and enjoy the little bit of fun that we bring into the work place. I love it as it makes it more fun to come to work, and brings some happiness. But I got to tell you, working the midnight shift, it would sometimes get a little freaky to have that coffin right by my desk!

No comments: